Did you ever find yourself asking what type of gate operator is the correct one for your gate? Well… here are some questions you have to consider before you make your decision:
- What type of gate? Automatic operators are not recommended for pedestrian traffic! a. Slide b. Swing c. Barrier
- Is the gate new or existing? If the installation is on an existing gate, open and close it manually to assure a smooth operation. Remember, Gate Operators do not correct gate problems!
- What is the length of the gate? Height? Weight? Does it move freely?
- Will the operator be subjected to prolong below freezing temperatures? Consider adding a heater or cold weather package.
- Single gate or paired dual gate application? Up to two Gate operators can be networked together to work as a pair in a dual gate
- How many cycles will the gate open and close per day? High duty cycle requires a heavy duty gate operator. Consider variable speed operators for high cycle locations.
- What voltage and phase are required for the gate to operate?
- How will the gate operate in the event of a power failure? All operators have a manual release device standard, some models offer built in battery backup, some models can operate from an optional external battery backup unit.
- How will the gate be opened for vehicle entry? Some of the Access control accessories available are : a. Keypad b. Radio control / Remote Controls c. Telephone Entry System OR Intercom d. Long Range reader (RFID) e. Proximity Readers etc
- How will the gate close after entry into the property? Use of the built in auto close timer is the most common method. This requires the use of vehicle detectors (loop detectors) to prevent the gate from automatically closing on a vehicle.
- How will the gate be opened for exiting vehicles? Use of an automatic exit vehicle detector (free exit loop) is the most common method. Most vehicle detectors are plug-in style, others need to be wired in. Loop wire kits or pre-formed loops are part of these systems and can be sold with the operator. Browse our wide selection of Gate Operators to see which one can handle your requirements.
If you need more guidance on how to set up your system, do not hesitate to contact us toll free at 1-800-730-8382 and we will be more than happy to assist you.