Schlage developed its first patent in 1909, which consisted of a door lock that could turn lights off and on. Over ten years later, Walter Schlage left his job and opened his own business developing tools to create the first Schlage lock using a push-button centered on the doorknob.
Over the years that followed, Schlage grew by acquiring California Lock Company, LCN Closers, and Peabody to offer a complete solution to their product line. Schlage has continued to expand, serving several locations globally. Today, it is part of the Allegion Group.
Schlage is known for its variety of locks and door accessories. The Schlage name is very well-known and is associated with a quality product. Its line offers:
- Knobs: Designing distinctive door hardware designed to match individual styles and for protection, customers can select a high-quality interior door knob for many functions.
- Deadbolts: With plated keyways and metal construction, Schlage offers durable electronic and mechanical deadbolts.
- Levers: Created with quality craftsmanship, these levers fit style and security requirements. Available in several finishes and styles, like polished brass and satin nickel.
- Handle Sets: Designed with a variety of looks, these sets make a statement at any front entrance.
- Smart Locks: Secure your residence with freedom from keys and allow safe and easy access control by using a Schlage smart lock.
- Electronic Locks: Entrance/exit is seamless with this easily installed lock.
At Schlage, they “didn’t invent the lock, they perfected it.” This slogan encapsulates the entire brand.