Property owners and managers looking to control or limit entry to their properties often turn to robust access control systems manufactured by reliable companies such as Linear. The idea is to do much more than just buy an access control and security system. It's also best to buy it from a reliable brand that has decades of expertise and a reputation in the security industry.
That's exactly what Linear access control systems bring to the table. Manufactured by a highly regarded brand, these access control systems are effective, efficient, and, in many cases, cost-effective.
Let's take a quick look at Linear access control products and security systems to get a good feel for what they are and how you can best use them to secure your property.
Who is Linear?
Linear is a trusted brand in the access control industry. As part of the Nortec Control family of brands, Linear is based in Carlsbad, California, and has been in business since 1961. The company manufactured a host of access control systems, including:
- Garage doors
- Telephone entry systems
- Security accessories
Their security systems are used across the globe and work well for multi-family dwelling units, single-family homes, commercial properties, educational facilities, government buildings, and so on. Their range of security systems is so wide that almost anybody can find something that speaks to their needs.
What is Linear Access Control?
The hallmark of an excellent access control system is that it efficiently excludes all non-credentialed individuals from gaining access to protected properties or facility area. Before companies such as Linear came onto the scene, access control systems were complicated and inconvenient to use. Not only were they difficult to customize, but they were also quite expensive and simplistic in some ways.
This meant that smaller, less funded businesses, as well as their more complex counterparts were excluded. Linear has since made it their business to deal with both small and large organizations alike. Their security systems are designed to be customizable and user-friendly.
Take, for example, the popular Linear EntryPro 4.3" Display with Keypad, 36 Door Telephone Entry and Access. This is a highly sophisticated Linear telephone entry system that is designed to provide reliable access for multi-tenant residential properties or gated communities.
The system supports 36 doors that come with 72 readers and is expandable to 64 doors with 128 readers. The access panels come with a raft of features that are designed to make life much easier for both the user and the security system manager. Some of the most outstanding features include:
- High-bright access panel that offers automatic light adjustment so it can be used in direct sunlight
- A stainless steel exterior digital keypad that is back-lit
- Crystal clear two-way voice calls
- Internally mounted RFID reader that is optional
- A 3-point locking system as well as postal access that comes with a key option
What makes Linear security systems stand out in the crowd is the fact that they are all entirely managed over the internet. This means that they can be configured to work specifically with your business as per your needs and existing network. All the necessary hardware is configured to communicate with the access and control panels via an online portal.
The systems also have expansion modules such as this Linear E3 Telephone Entry 2-Door Expansion Node which supports two doors with four readers and can be expanded to four doors with eight readers. This makes Linear security products easy to scale both up and down as necessary.
Different Types of Linear Access Control Options
With over 50 years of experience under its belt, Linear has undoubtedly tried its hand in most, if not all, aspects of access control and security systems. There are, however, some products that stand out above the rest.
- Linear gate openers: Some of the biggest security loopholes in any setup are the entry points, including gates. Linear knows this, and that's why they have a number of options when it comes to choosing the right automatic gate opener for your property. Some of the most notable include the Linear (GTO) PRO SW2000XLS Swing Gate Opener Kit which are designed to operate 16 ft. gates that weigh up to 500 lbs. and the Linear (GTO) PRO Residential Slide Gate Opener SL2000B designed for gates that weigh up to 1,000 lbs.
- Linear radio controls: Since security is about much more than just entry barriers, Linear's array of access controls includes a wide range of customizable radio controls.
- Linear garage door openers: Linear has a wide range of garage door openers that are designed to be used in either residential or commercial buildings. There are AC or DC-powered garage doors that feature interchangeable rails and heads. This means that you customize your garage door openers to your specific needs and maybe even mix and match systems by different brands to give you exactly what you need.
Why Choose Linear Access Control?
Apart from the fact that the company has been in the security industry for more than 50 years and has gained an admirable reputation during that period, there's one simple reason why you should consider getting Linear access control: customization.
Linear access control systems are extremely customizable and capable of giving you exactly what you need to secure your property. These products are even scalable, meaning that your property will remain covered even as your business expands.
Couple that with the fact that Linear produces nothing but high-quality and reliable access control and security systems, as well as the fact that these systems are relatively affordable, and you have a winning combination. Choosing to install Linear access control systems at your home or business might be all that you need for optimum security.
Linear provides a wide range of products to meet your security needs, and our team is here to help you choose the system that’s right for you. If you have any questions about our products or services, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working with you!