When it comes to hi-end technology, manual locking systems are now considered barbaric. Automated locking mechanisms are taking over the traditional locks because of the better security they offer. The systems are usually offered with different access controls which generally include either a card type system, key code or transmitter type system.
There are various reasons why people prefer electronic systems over the manual ones, and few of them are mentioned below:
- It eradicates the hassles of carrying metal keys.
- While manual keys are easy to duplicate, the electronic keys are unique and programmed
- If manual keys are lost, you will have to change the lock but in case of electronic system that problem does not arise as you can simply change the access control settings
- If you own a business facility which has multiple access points then one electronic key can be used for every lock in the establishment.
- Electronic locks are made from robust metal which makes it hard to break-in.
- Electronic systems are much easier to maintain and repair.