EMX Two-Channel Multi-Voltage Vehicle Loop Detector | EMX-ULT-MVP-2U
The ULTRA-MVP-2 two-channel, multi-voltage vehicle loop detector combines small size with a 12VDC to 240VAC input range. Reduce inventory costs by stocking and transporting just one universal unit.
This detector features DETECT-ON-STOP or (DOS) technology, which allows detection only when a vehicle has come to a complete stop on the loop. This exclusive feature is unique to EMX and is a major advantage if you want to ignore cross traffic in tight spaces.
The ULT-MVP-2 two-channel multi-voltage vehicle loop detector provides AB logic (directional mode) and one set of relays for each channel. Each output may be set for presence, normal (5 min.) or infinite presence, or DETECT-ON-STOP.
This detector provides relay contact outputs indicating vehicle presence, and a second set of contacts that may be used for loop fault, pulse on entry /pulse on exit, or Detect-On-Stop™ (DOS®). The ULT-MVP features automatic sensitivity boost (ASB), 2 second delay, fail-safe/fail-secure and infinite or normal (5 min.) presence. The detector is easily installed and has user-friendly features that simplify set-up, operation and troubleshooting. Sensitivity selection is simplified by the ULTRAMETER™ display that indicates the appropriate sensitivity setting with the vehicle positioned on the loop. The 10 sensitivity settings allow for finer adjustment of the detection level, while the 4 frequency selections provide greater flexibility in preventing crosstalk in multi-loop applications.
This is also available in a single channel unit – the ULT-MVP.
- Ignores cross traffic in tight spaces with DETECT-ON-STOP feature
- Fits into small operator housings, saving space
- Easy to install and setup with the ULTRAMETER sensitivity display
- Easy identification of interference problems using the crosstalk and RFI
- 10 sensitivity settings
- 4 operating frequencies
- Automatic sensitivity boost (ASB), delay, fail-safe/fail-secure and infinite or normal (5 min.) presence
- Small size: 73 x 38 x 78mm
- Socket mount -11 pin (JEDEC B11-88)
- CE compliant
- 2 Years
- Sensitivity: 10 levels, 0-9
- UltraMETER display: Indicates optimum sensitivity level, 0-9 diagnostic aid
- Loop frequency: 4 settings (low, med-low, med-hi, high)
- Loop inductance: 20…1000µH (Q factor > 5)
- Grounded loop: Isolation transformer allows operation with poor quality loops
- Automatic tuning: Detector tunes to loop on power-up and following frequency count function
- Environmental tracking: Automatic compensation
- Surge protection: Loop circuitry protected by surge suppressors
- Channel 1 relay: SPST relay contacts (form A)
- Channel 2 relay: SPST relay contacts (form A)
- Contact rating (resistive load): 2A @ 30VDC, 0.5A @ 125VAC
- Detect / channels 1 and 2: Red LED
- Detect-on-Stop: Requires vehicle to stop for a minimum of 1 second (1-2s typical)
- ASB (Automatic Sensitivity Boost): Increases sensitivity after initial detection to prevent dropout due to high-bed vehicles
- Power: 12…60 VDC (Max. 1.0 VA) 12…240 VAC (48…62Hz) (Max. 2 VA)
- Operating current: 37mA standby / 55mA detect
- Operating temperature: -40°C…82°C (-40°F…180°F) 0…95% relative humidity
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 73mm (2.9”) x 38mm (1.2”) x 78mm (3.1”)
- Weight: 0.25 lbs. (113 g)
- Housing: ABS plastic, IP30
- Connector: Socket mount – 11 pin male (JEDEC B11-88)
Vehicle Loop Detector Video
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.