SecuraKey Single-door Controller, RS485, HF, Rectangular Mullion style, Black | SKY-ET-SR-X-R
The e*Tag® Smart Readers are available in either mullion mount (ET8-SR-X-M) or switchplate (ET8-SR-X-D) form factors.
The e*Tag® Smart Reader adds Contactless Smart Card capability to the SK-NET™ System using the NOVA.16 Controller.
e*Tag® Smart Readers work with Secura Key e*Tag® encoded 13.56 MHz contactless smart cards and key tags, encoded in 26 or 32-bit formats.
e*Tag® cards use enhanced DES encryption, which makes them virtually impossible to counterfeit. e*Tag® credentials have memory ranging from 2K to 10K bits, and they meet the ISO 15693 international standard.
The ET8-SR reader connects to the NOVA.16 Controller via the RS-485 peripheral bus, which supports up to 16 readers. The ET8-SR obtains data communications and 12VDC power from the NOVA.16, but it has all the inputs and outputs required to monitor and control a door or gate. The reader sends card data and input status changes to the Controller, and receives access granted, access denied, and output control commands from the Controller. All door connections (Strike/Latch, REX, Door Monitor, aux inputs, and outputs) are made locally at the Smart Reader. Cable “Home Runs” from the door location back to the NOVA.16 Controller are not required.
NOVA.16’s RS-485 Peripheral Bus may extend up to 4000 cable feet from the control panel. ET8-SR’s may be connected to the NOVA.16 in a daisy-chain, multi-drop, or loop configurations, providing great flexibility in system architecture.
The ET8-SR-X-D is a switchplate-sized reader which fits a standard J-box. It is designed for indoor applications only. It includes a convenient wiring harness, which allows the reader to be plugged in when the installation is completed.
The ET8-SR-X-M is a mullion-sized reader which fits a standard door frame. It is epoxy-potted for outdoor installations. It includes a convenient wiring harness, which allows the reader to be plugged in when the installation is completed.
Both models have a solid-state relay, plus four inputs and two open collector logic outputs. Both models are UL 294 listed and FCC/CE approved.
- Reads Secura Key e*Tag® Contactless Smart Cards
- Mullion housing allows indoor/outdoor door frame Mounting
- Switchplate housing allows indoor J-box Mounting
- Four Inputs to Monitor Contact Closures
- Two open-collector outputs to control external devices
- Solid State Relay to control door strike or other devices
- LED (Red/Green) and buzzer
- Connect up to 16 units to each NOVA.16 controller on RS-485 Peripheral Bus
- Dimensions (H, W, D): 4.38” x 1.74” x 0.9” / 11.12 x 4.19 x 2.28 cm
- Mounting: Mullion, Wall, Post
- Weight: 3.42 oz (97.09 gm)
- Material: Polycarbonate
- Color: Black
- Power Requirements: 30/65 mA avg/max @ 5-14 VDC
- Bi-Color LED: Red/Green
- Buzzer Control: Host Activated
- Communications: RS-485 Secura Key “SR” Protocol
- Cable Distance: 4,000 ft. total system (Multi-drop, fanout, loop)
- Data Cable Required: 2 twisted-pair, 22-24 AWG or CAT-5
- Power: Double-up unused pairs in CAT-5 cable for 12VDC power, or run additional 18/2 cable, or use Coleman 97395-06-23 Siamese cable (CAT-5 + 18/2)
- ISO Protocols: ISO 15693
- Card Compatibility: Secura Key e*Tag® ETCI-04 ISO card, ETST-03/ETKT-03 Keytag encoded in 26-bit or 32-bit formats
- Regulatory Approvals: UL / cUL294, Part 15 Class B FCC, CE Mark, Canada Radio
- Read Range: ISO card up to 4” (10.16 cm) - Key tag up to 2.5” (6.35 cm)
- (2) Open Collector Outputs: Rating: 20 VDC @80 mA
- (1) Solid State Relay: Rating: 60V max - 1.0A AC/ 2.0A DC
- (4) Contact Inputs: Ground to Activate
- Frequency: 13.56 MHz
- Temperature Range: -40° to +70°C (-40° to +158°F)
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 100% (non-condensing)
- Warranty: These Secura Key products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for two years. Secura Key will replace any Secura Key manufactured product that fails to perform as intended. This warranty does not include freight, taxes, duties, or installation expenses. See price list for complete terms and conditions.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.