SOS 12 Emergency Vehicle Siren Operated Sensor XII
Once the "Yelp" siren has been recognized for 3 seconds a trigger is sent to open the gate. The SOS is the most cost effective way for emergency responders to access your home or business without stopping or leaving their vehicle to enter a code or use a key.
SOS makes ALL gates 911 accessible. The reliability of the SOS Emergency Access System has made it mandatory in many communities throughout the world. Making your gate siren activated is a big step to saving lives and properties.Includes:
- SOS XII Siren Operated Sensor
- Reflective Sign
- CD Recording "Yelp" Siren
- 5-year warranty
- NEMA 4 enclosure-design to go unnoticed
- Larger internal gaskets for more protection
- Up-front microphone for faster detection
- The latest in electronic design and circuitry
Technical Requirements of the SOS:
- Voltage: DC 9 to 24 volts or AC 9 to 16 volts
- Amp draw: 0.1 mA (milliamp) when listening and when activated has a 25 mA draw during the trigger
- Wire gauge: 18-22 AWG (not included)
- Temperature: The SOS remains functional in temperature ranging from -30 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit
Potentiometer: You can easily adjust the sensitivity of the unit with the potentiometer dial. The necessary decibel level varies by the unit's sensitivity setting:
- Sensitivity set at 0: The unit will not trigger at any decibel level
- Sensitivity set at 3: The unit will trigger at 125 decibels
- Sensitivity set at 5: The unit will trigger at 105 decibels
- Sensitivity set at 7: The unit will trigger at 95 decibels
- Sensitivity set at 9: The unit will trigger at 80 decibels
- Programming: The SOS is equipped with six switches to customize the sound that will open the gate and the length of time the gate remains open after being triggered by an emergency vehicle. You can keep the gate open for just one vehicle to enter, hold for 15 minutes or if you prefer, latch it open until the reset button is pushed.
- Reset Button: SOS units have two reset buttons that perform the same function. One on the exterior of the enclosure and one on the inside of the enclosure on the circuit board.
- Siren Test: The SOS includes a CD recording of an emergency responder "yelp" siren so you can test the unit and adjust the sensitivity settings to your preference. It is recommended that you get a live siren to test your unit twice a year.
- Reflective Sign: Each unit ordered comes with a 4" x 5" sign which clearly tells emergency responders your gate is protected by SOS.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.