Linear Serial to Ethernet Module Kit | LIN-AM-SEK
The AM-SEK Serial to Ethernet Adapter Kit provides a standard network TCP/IP connection for Linear’s AM3Plus, AE1000Plus, and AE2000Plus access controllers. The module can be used as an alternative to a traditional telephone modem typically used for remote access to Plus panel controllers.
The converter module connects the Plus panel’s RS-232 Serial port and the installation’s network. Access to the network can be through a Local Area Network (LAN) or directly to a Wide Area Network (WAN). Typically the module is connected to a port on a router located on the installation’s LAN.
In Plus panel networks, with multiple panels interconnected via RS-485 wiring, the module connects to Node #1 of an AXNET network, or Node #1 of any AB2000 network.
For easy configuration and setup, a Windows® based software utility is included on the installation CD. The utility software is used for setting the module’s IP address and the computer's virtual COM port. The utility software is compatible with Windows XP®, Windows Vista®, and Windows 7®.
Note: LIN-501C Module is only available in the AM-SEK Kit and is not sold separately.
- Serial to Ethernet Kit developed for Linear’s AM3Plus, AE1000Plus, and AE2000Plus panels
- Remotely connect, control, program, manage, and monitor access panels over existing LAN and/or the Internet
- Offers an alternative to direct RS-232 serial connection to Node 1 of AB2000 and AXNET networks
- IP address and virtual COM port are easy to configure using Windows® based utility software
- 10/100 Mbps fast Ethernet full duplex auto-negotiation
- Serial connection speed 38.4 Kbps
- Housed in a metal case with DIN-rail and wall-mounting tabs
- 15 kV ESD protection for serial port
- Power: 5 VDC from a plug-in power supply (included), also supports a 9-30 volt DC redundant input from an external power supply
- Network Connection: 100BASE-T RJ-45 connector
- Network Speed: Fast Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
- Serial Connection: Male DB9 for connection with A2C/DB9 serial cable (included)
- Serial Port Speed: 38.4 Kbps
- Mounting: DIN-rail or screw mounting
- Dimensions (LIN-501C Module): 3-1/2" W x 3-3/4" H x 1" D
- Weight: 6-1/2 oz
Find answers to our most frequently asked questions below. Got more questions? Reach out to our friendly customer service team, they will be more than happy to assist you.