EMX Universal UL325 Thru Beam Photoeye (Receiver Only) | EMX-IRB-MON-RX
The IRB-MON provides a universal solution for entrapment protection. One photoeye covers the entire spectrum of possible requirements for monitored and non-monitored photoeyes, simplifying inventory management and product training.
The IRB-MON is an external entrapment protection device type B1, non-contact sensor for use with automatic gates and doors. The device is UL325-2018 compliant and suitable for use with both operators that require monitored entrapment protection and those that do not require monitored operation.
There are four monitoring interfaces:
1. Normally closed: Cycles power to the transmitter while monitoring the receiver contacts for proper operation
2. Two-wire pulsed (2 freq): Provides 300Hz “heartbeat” unobstructed, 0Hz obstructed over power supply lines
3. Two-wire pulsed (3 freq): Provides 300Hz “heartbeat” unobstructed, 2Hz obstructed, and 0Hz failure over power supply lines
4. Resistive termination: Provides a 10k Ohm resistance when unobstructed
The long-range and thru beam features combined with the installer mode switch settings provide a flexible solution to all external entrapment protection needs. A robust, NEMA 4X enclosure provides the durability required for high-reliability entrapment protection applications. The lens-less design minimizes fogging and false triggering caused by small objects and allows for easy alignment.
- Monitored application per UL325-2018 as applied to overhead door and gate operators
- Non-monitored UL325 for gate operators prior to 2018 requirements
- Non-UL installation
- Operating Range: up to 115 ft. (35m)
- Detection Angle: 24o
- Sensitivity Adjustment: Potentiometer
- Power Indicator: Green LED
- Detect Indicator: Green LED
- Mode Selection Switch: 3 modes, relay output, pulsed (3 frequency), pulsed (2 frequency)
- Relay Output Operation: Light on/dark on selection
- Relay Output: Form C contacts (NO, COM, NC)
- Resistive Termination: 10k Ohm across NO contact
- Power Protection: Thermal fuse
- Transmitter Power Cycle: >300mS (for use in configuration 0 Monitored)
- Power Supply: 6…35 VDC, 12...24VAC (configuration 0-relay only)
- Current (config. 1 and 2): 15mA (12VDC, includes TX and RX wired in parallel)
- Current (config. 0): 60mA (relay activated)
- Operating Temperature: -40o F...170o F (-40o C...77o C)
- Environmental: NEMA 4X
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 2.3” (57mm) x 2.6” (65mm) x 3.7” (94mm)
- Weight: TX - 0.35 lbs (159 g), RX 0.35 lbs (159 g)
- Connections: TX-2 terminal, RX-5 terminal
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.